KIRDARC Nepal has been implementing the SAMVAD programme in 8 VDCs (,Mahalkuna, Sahara, Babiyachaur, Gutu, Salkot, Bidhyapur, Tatapani, Ghatgaun and 2 Bheriganga and Birendranagar Municipality) of Surkhet district. The overall goal of the programme is to empower communities and adolescents so that “Participating adolescents together with their families (so called ‘Dalits’) become aware on their rights, educated, conscious on their roles, economically productive and empowered to fight against their social taboo and become less vulnerable for trafficking”. Similarly, the programme has expected to achieve three major outcomes listed as below;
- Adolescents empowered to fight against trafficking, exploitation, discrimination and other forms of violence / ill practices.
- Adolescents become self-reliant & legitimate rights through acquiring trade skills and engaging in income generating activities.
Dalits and marginalized communities actively engaged in networks & empowered to fight against injustice, social taboos and culturally deep rooted malpractices.
girls samvad centers established
boys samvad centers established
SSTs formed and trained to support Samvad centers
adolescents developed business plan for IGAs
Students : 549
ECD/SMC : 145
PTA : 70
ECED Facilitators : 9
Total : 827
- 220 girls samvad centers established at community level
- 270boys samvad centers established at community level
- 5800 adolescents enrolled in SCs
- 75% of SCs developed samvad development plans.
- 290 Animators received ToA on Samvad centers operation.
- 70 Supervisors and other key field staff received ToA on Samvad centers operation
- 290 SSTs formed and trained to support Samvad centers.
- 60% of adolescents supported with basic inputs to starts on-farm and off-farm trades / IGAs
- 70% of adolescents (i.e. supported with inputs for IGA) developed business plan for IGAs.
- 70% of SCs (where saving group started) developed rules & regulation for saving & credit management.
- Stakeholders including government official have supported with services at local level.
- Dalit, marginalized and anti-trafficking networks addressed human rights issues at local level and national level.
- School, SMC / PTA are trained on adolescents friendly behavior and Dalit friendly practices.
- SST, SHGs, CBOs and other likeminded organizations are trained on sustainable community structure