Kalikot is one of the most remote areas of Nepal. Living conditions in rural areas of Kalikot are minimal. People hardly get access to basic needs that human need for living life as human. Among other basic needs, quality education is beyond the reach of children. Performance of children in early grades is very low. 61% people are literate in Kalikot. Only 45% children are enrolled in grade 1 after completing ECD classes (Repot 2071 B.S., DEO, Kalikot). Test pass rate of grade 3 and grade 5 students is 10.33% and 15.24% respectively (conducted by KIRDARC 2015).
Integrated Project is designed to promote child rights provided by government of Nepal. The project comprises of three sub themes; Education, Child Right Governance and Child Protection. Under Education, project aims to improve quality of basic education with focus on ensuring access of Children with Disability.
Key advocacy issues under this project are quality basic education, quality learning environments in schools, education right of children with disability, complaint response mechanisms, and child participation in planning process.
Students : 549
ECD/SMC : 145
PTA : 70
ECED Facilitators : 9
Total : 827
- 90 out of school children are admitted in schools with focus on CWD (children with disability)
- 2010 children from marginalized community and/or children with disability supported with minor equipment and educational material support
- 20 complex cases of disability referred to resource schools
- 90 schools are declared and practiced “Zone of Peace”
- 100 teachers are trained on psycho-emotional need and GESI
- 100 schools updated School Improvement Plan incorporating CCDRR (Child Friendly Disaster Risk Reduction)
- 210 classroom resourced with grade appropriate teaching learning materials
- 773 SMC,PTA,VEC members oriented on their roles and responsibilities
- 1557 National and Local level stakeholders oriented on QLE(Quality Learning Environment)
- Leaning achievement of students from grade 3 and 5 increased by 10%
- Attendance rate of children from grade 1-5 increased by 30%
- 2951 Children get remedial support in schools
- 5 local bodies has adopted Child Friendly Local Government
- 1625 children engaged in child clubs and capacitated
- 20 DCWB members oriented on Child Protection
- 1044 cases referred to appropriate service through referral mechanism
- Student’s complaint handling mechanism established in every schools of working area.
- 1651 children training on VAC (Violence Against Children) and Child Protection
- 1200 people are oriented on positive parenting
- 230 Child Victims receive child protection services