Project Start Date:
Project End Date:
Major Target Groups:
Kajarhawa,Dhankauli, Maharajgunj & Kapilbastu municipality.
Kunatahri, Gadi & Lekhgaon
Major Target Groups:
Dalit, marginalized and vulnerable families
The project captioned as “Socio-Economic Empowerment with Dignity and Sustainability” (SEEDS) is implementing by KIRDARC-Nepal in Kapilvastu and Surkhet districts of Nepal from 2014 partnership with stromme foundation. The program has covered three VDCs (Maharagunj, Kajarhawa, Dhanakauli and one Kapilvastu Municipality of Kapilvastu district and three VDCs (Gadi, Kunathari and Lekhgaon ) of Surkhet district. In total 3,619 families (ultra- poor, vulnerable and marginalized communities has been targeted in two districts; Kapilvastu-3,000 and Surkhet-619.
The programme mobilizes the community in a structured community mobilization process for which family has been taken as a basic unit of intervention and Self- help group is the final structure for the community level. With this initiation, the project has planned to form 120 and 25 Self -help groups in Kapilvastu and Surkhet respectively in two districts (each group consist of 25-30 people).
By end of 2018, 12,000 (3800 existing and 8200 new) poor families from vulnerable and marginalized communities enjoy socio economic life with dignity
Outcome: 1 By end of 2018, 60% of the community groups/ organization engaged actively with local governments/ public sectors and hold them accountable to service delivery in equitable manner .
Outcome 2: By end of 2018, 70% of targeted families enjoy improved economic self-reliance through diversified sustainable livelihoods opportunities and sources of income.
Outcome 3: By end of 2018, 70% children of target families have improved access to/ and enjoy quality education.
Outcome 4: By the end of 2018, 4,000 adolescents socio-economically empowered through improved knowledge on their rights with necessary life-skills to protect their rights.
Outcome 5: By end of 2018, 5000 children from target families are protected against vulnerabilities at household and community level
Self Help Group
Major Approach and Methodology
- REFLECT centers operation & facilitation.
- SHG group formation.
- Focus for higher level federation (CBOs, Cooperative).
- Recourses sharing/fund rising
- Capacity building/institutionalize (SHG).
- Good governance/anti- corruption.
- Public hearing/social audit.
- Network – capacity building.
- Institutional development.
- Group registration with related government service providers.
- Accountability for service providers.
- Promoting alliance/network/forum for joint advisory (VDC/forum)
- Joint Monitoring
- Join financing
- Holistic development approach – Model Village/Happy village.
- Impact assessment (Mini survey.
- SGHDP & implementation with clear vision for Developing Annual Plan and Budget of SHGs.
- Participatory monitoring & evaluation.
- Focuses on IGA to raise family income – Pocket area declare.
- Developing database system for tracking of FDP, SHG Plan.
- Exploring the Option for Basket programme (in one VDC).
- Sub-committee formation to force for service providers.
- Introducing local monitoring mechanisms (community led)…Gradual Graduation approach roll-out.
- VDC level networking of SHGs.
- Documentation of lessons learned/experience for wider sharing.
- Develop FDP/SHGDP.
- IGA/Advocacy/ linkage and coordination.
- Wider engagement in other social issues
Total : 3636(Kapilbastu – 3000 & Surkhet 636 HH).
Total SHG : Kapilbastu – 120 & Surkhet -25(145 SHG from 2014 – 2017)
Total Group members: 3000 Kapilbastu & 336 Surkhet (3636)
Output 1.1: SHGs/CBOs/PFs actively engage in advocacy for democratic participation, good governance and right to development.
Output 1.2: Government organization (DDC, DEO, DADO, WCDO etc.) provide timely and quality service to rights holders.
Output 1.3: Increased Capacity of KIRDARC for better and greater change at large.
Output 2.1: 3165 people engage in livelihood opportunities.
Output 2.2: 800 people increase income by 20% through self-employment.
Output 3.2: Schools have developed and Implemented School Improvement Plan (SIP) with child & adolescent friendly environment.
Output 3.3: Children from disadvantage families participated in ECD Center.
Output 4.1: Empowered adolescents, parents and interest groups are capacitated to fight actively against trafficking, discrimination and other violence in the community.
Output 4.2: Improved capacity of youths/ adolescents on life skills and rights.
Output 5.1: Targeted community and schools are made aware on child abuse and their rights.
Output 5.2: Hardcore poor families are supported with basic sanitation facilities.
Output 5.3: Community centers established with library and health post/clinic facilities
NPR 94,005,926 ( Planned for 5 years)